Moving overseas within a month
If you’re at the beginning of the planning process it may be helpful to know what’s achievable in what timeframe.
You could move to any of the 27 EU countries tomorrow. You could be in Dubai in less than a month but if Canada is your dream destination it could take you years to get there!
Looking into visa requirements will help you decide what timescales you’re looking at. If you already have a job offer overseas, are being sponsored by family or your company are relocating you then you may find the process faster.
Either way there can be lots to sort out:
- Visas and passports
- Having medicals and vaccinations
- What to do with any UK property
- Arranging school places abroad
- Sorting out finances and insurance
- Finding a new home abroad
- Re-homing or arranging travel for pets
- Selling or arranging to ship or store your vehicles
- Deciding what items to take, dispose of or store
- Sending out details of your new address
- Throwing a farewell party!
Get in touch with us and we’ll be happy to talk you through the process of moving overseas.
Sign up now
We hope we've sharpened your appetite with this information. Sign up now to mymove for access to more useful information, destination guides and much more.